Integrating your social media presence with the products you sell in your ecommerce shop can be highly profitable for you if it’s done right. There is a fine line between pushing sales and offering valuable information that can be related to your product (this latter one is now known as Content Marketing).
Dos and Don’ts of Your Social Media Ecommerce Strategy
- Create a viable social media strategy
- Develop a friendly, casual “voice” for your brand
- Show the story behind your brand (who are the people behind it?)
- Integrate social media with landing pages (it’s like a sales page but better)
- Focus on 1-3 social platforms at a time
- Don’t talk only about your products and yourself on social media
- Don’t be too obvious. Yes, you are there to sell but people don’t like to be sold, they like to get solutions
- Don’t force your product to an audience on a platform that may not be relevant.
- Don’t forget to reply to customer inquiries on social media, even if their issue is not directly product-related.
Keeping these few dos and don’ts in mind, you can below see what results you may get from each social media platform.
Featured image & infographic copyright by: Shopify Inc. (used with permission)
ESimplified is an approved Shopify Partner: