Email marketing is one of the best tools out there today. Whether you are a B2C or a B2B small business, you can take advantage of email marketing equally.
Benefits of Email Marketing in Your Marketing Strategy
- Better conversion rates (especially if you personalize them): Relevant emails get 18x more revenue for a company than broadcast emails (source)
- Privacy: You reach your prospect in the privacy of his/her mailbox
- Undivided attention: No annoying pop-ups will disturb the user while reading emails
- Segmentation: You can segment your email list and send emails personalized by groups
- Automation: Automate the first email for new prospects
- Upsell and cross-sell: People who have already purchased from you are more likely to do it again
- Opt-in guarantee: with the new CASL regulations in place, you have more qualified leads in your mailing lists (e.g.: if someone double opts in to your mailing list, you can be sure that he/she WANTS to be on your list & hear from you)
Email Marketing Statistics 2015
Highly recommended read for any business owner who is looking to get more sales and leads.
Where do people open their emails?
48% – Mobile — Mobile opens have increased by 500% in just 4 years and it is expected to grow even more
30% – Webmail
22% – Desktop
Conclusion: Ensure that your emails are easy to read on mobile and conversion optimized.
Mobile Platform Opens
28% – Apple iPhone
13% – Apple iPad
7% – Android
Conclusion: Apple has a definite marketshare. Ensure that your emails are easy to read on Apple products before sending them.
Top 3 Uses of Email
#1 – Newsletters
#2 – Promotional Content
#3 – Welcome series emails
Conclusion: Overall, email has a unique power which you can use to reach your prospects and turn them into customers. The sooner you start collecting their emails, the more possible leads you can accumulate.
SmartInsights – Email Marketing Statistics 2015
Pardot – 2015 Email Marketing Landscape
Top Featured image credit: Horia Varlan on Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
5 Things a Good Website Design Company Will Tell You
WordPress for Small Business Series
Will Google Penalize Non-Mobile Friendly Websites?
INFOGRAPHIC: Boost Your Online Sales with Pinterest
6 Reasons Why Your Company Will Grow from Blogging
4 Types of Leads You are Losing Without a Website
6+2 Ecommerce Tips to Remember